Ginger & White Cat Found?

Lauren posted on the 31/05/2017 10:27:28 PM

I woke up at around 2am this morning to a very friendly wee cat meowing at my front door in my close. I took him in since it was cold out and was a bit late for him to be venturing around. I put some water out for him but he seemed well looked after and didn't seem to bother with it.

Hes ginger, with white around his chest/neck, a wee ginger splodge on his nose, tabby ginger pattern on his back and white and ginger stripes along his tail. He stayed here until this morning when I was on my way to work and seemed pretty desperate to leave with me. I had no litter tray/food for him otherwise I'd have kept him until I got back home to see if he was chipped since he has no collar but I was out the house for 12 hours today which wasn't ideal. We parted on Armadale street - just wanted to see if he returned to his owners okay? Seemed very confident in where he was going.

#1 - joan replied on the 1/06/2017 2:12:29 AM

there is a cat that lives in whitehill gardens that matches that description (I think the cat is called Albert)
he seems to have a very big territory and is always fighting with other cats in the area, but he is an outdoor cat and wouldn't be happy being kept prisoner indoors, you could maybe have a small pack of dry cat food in case you get another visit

#2 - Frank Plowright replied on the 1/06/2017 11:46:47 AM

There were notes up in Onslow Drive towards the swimming pool about a missing ginger cat, but this was in April.

#3 - curisouscat replied on the 2/06/2017 12:32:16 PM

Hi Lauren, This sounds like Albert right enough. Sorry he woke you up. Do you have a cat flap on your close door? Roughly where are you in Dennistoun please? Please just leave him out, he likes to wander and he has a cat flap that means he comes and goes as he pleases. He usually wanders well into the night before coming home to sleep. He i chipped and used to wear a collar but a lady in Onslow Drive kept removing the collar and so I stopped putting one on him as they are costly. He does seem to have a big territory Joan but he's not always the one to start the fights - I've seen him being attacked on several occasions. I cannot keep him in as he loves to wander and cannot control the hours he keeps either - sorry to any one he annoys. Just tell him to go home if you see him and please don't feed him - he has food and water at home. The lady in Onslow used to feed him and has caused us no end of grief due to this. Thanks all.

#4 - Swan replied on the 3/06/2017 12:14:44 AM

Albert is a Dennistoun legend! He should have his own Facebook page. And he definitely doesn't start all the fights - because he seems to have such a large territory, he often encounters other toms, and I've seen them intimidate him. I reckon he still rules the roost, though!

#5 - mark replied on the 3/06/2017 12:16:17 AM

@curiouscat I live in Garthland drive and I have had to go out and break up some of his fights as it can be noisy and can go on for up to an hour, albert has usually got some other poor cat cornered, I don't do anything to hurt him I just go near him and scare him off, has he been neutered as it might make him less aggressive

#6 - curiouscat replied on the 5/06/2017 1:28:24 AM

Swan, I think you could be right about Albert thinking he rules the roost. What can I do about it though? Mark, he has been neutered, just after he came to us about 6 years ago. I'm sorry if he causes you grief fighting with other cats. As I've said, he's his own cat and there's no keeping him in.

#7 - The Mentalist replied on the 7/06/2017 12:44:30 PM

Albert is his own guy, he is in charge. He's just letting other cats (and people) know.

Dude.

#8 - Nicola reilly replied on the 4/02/2018 8:05:18 PM

My male ginger & white cat Charlie went missing in october 2014 around this area. Has anyone seen him. He has a white patch on his back. If you type into google "charlie ginger cat cranhill" his pic comes up

#9 - Nicola reilly replied on the 4/02/2018 8:06:05 PM

Charlie followed my partner from cranhill to alexandra park the night he went missing

You can reply to the post Ginger & White Cat Found? by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin