Kirsty Burnie posted on the 12/12/2017 7:47:06 PM

Hi All,

In the last few weeks my dog has found:

A huge pile of cooked mince
Numerous steaks
A rack of raw ribs
An entire huge cooked fish
Raw drumsticks

It’s weird! All found at the park at the end of Roslea Drive or at the little grass square on Armadale street. Wondering if anyone else walking their dog has had any problems? Seems a bit suspicious as it would be a very expensive act of altruism, nevermind the fact most of it is a choking hazard to a dog.

#1 - anon replied on the 13/12/2017 9:09:50 AM

very strange, i saw this fish one morning i had my dog along and thought i was still half asleep!!

#2 - The Mentalist replied on the 13/12/2017 10:34:57 AM

Be careful. Hopefully there isn't, but some people might be putting stuff out that's tainted with a poison for the dogs.

#3 - Curiouscat replied on the 14/12/2017 9:55:34 AM

Please report this to environmental health as this is a health and safety issue. They can be contacted via the city website. Thanks

#4 - Kelly McFadden replied on the 14/12/2017 9:56:18 AM

I suspect it was poisoned and put there to stop us walking our dogs so please everyone be careful!!, the bins have also been removed at resident request which again I believe is to prevent dog walkers. When sat there with my dog, i was given a mouthful of abuse from a female living in the flats over dog poo (which I always pick up)

#5 - Curiouscat replied on the 14/12/2017 1:33:20 PM

If you suspect that it is poisoned, it's a criminal matter so please report it to the police on 101.

#6 - Ami replied on the 15/12/2017 8:45:58 AM

Hi Kirsty,
I think I was talking to you at the end of Roselea Drive while out with my dog. The past couple of weeks there has been a huge raw chicken and several large bones and mince left out. I find it all very suspect and didn't know who to report this to. The next time I see something I'll report it to the council.

#7 - Kirsty Burnie replied on the 15/12/2017 1:25:39 PM

Hiya, yeah I think so (I’m Bilbo the retriever’s mam). Contacting the police is on my todo list today so I’ll up date if they have anything interesting to say or do about it.

#8 - Kirsty Burnie replied on the 15/12/2017 7:27:38 PM

Police couldn’t have been less interested and wouldn’t take a report due to lack of evidence, they felt it was a littering issue. Oh well! Be careful when out with your dog I guess.

#9 - anon replied on the 15/12/2017 9:22:09 PM

Is there a butcher or some other retail outlet nearby that sells meat? The quantities seem too large for an individual to be dumping.

#10 - curiouscat replied on the 17/12/2017 10:25:51 AM

That's ridiculous Kirsty - how disappointing. Guess they need to wit for a dog to die before they take action.... I just hope Albert doesn't eat any of it as he's a cat who wanders.

#11 - Barney Boy replied on the 17/12/2017 11:59:03 AM

Ive have not had my dog up at the park for ages as he picks up anything that is lying around, 4yrs ago on xmas eve he had an emergency op as he was dying in front of the vets eyes.They didnt know what was wrong, when they opened him up all his insides were poisoned, still dont know what is was as i said he picks up everything.

#12 - Marty replied on the 9/01/2018 7:52:43 PM

Someone leaves piles of food by the same tree on the grass square at Armadale/Whitehill Gdns and has done so for at least a year - I live near but haven't spotted them doing it so far. My lab often picks stuff up so I need to watch him like a hawk; the filthy glass-strewn pavements are bad enough without tainted food being dumped too.
I spoke to someone back in the summer who frequently left loaves of bread and pots of cooked rice (yes really) for the birds and he grudgingly stopped doing it.

#13 - Gill replied on the 9/01/2018 8:24:28 PM

Off the main topic of this thread but cooked rice for birds is excellent especially during winter, I often put any extra out on my bird table

#14 - Kelly McFadden replied on the 31/01/2018 2:44:03 PM

Whoever it is... is back at it today, this time with pieces of sponge !!!

#15 - Kelly McFadden replied on the 31/01/2018 2:44:35 PM

My dog also keeps running straight into the bush where the guy is sleeping rough and refusing to return - not related but for info.

You can reply to the post Food being left out for dogs by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin