Bike stolen from close- Garthland Drive

Ollie posted on the 9/10/2017 3:31:31 PM

My partner's bike was stolen from the ground floor of the close sometime around Friday 6th October. It was tied to the railings of the stairs with a bike lock but the thieves cut through this.

Probably little chance of getting it back although I am keeping an eye on Gumtree and Facebook sale pages.

Can't imagine it's a great deal of use to anyone as the front wheel and saddle had been taken off to deter thieves. Whoever took it might have had a car or van to carry it.

Heads up to bike owners in the area to be extra vigilant.

#1 - Doll replied on the 12/10/2017 2:41:59 PM

Check it wasnt taken by your factors, bikes shouldnt be chained to the stairwell, its a fire hazard......

#2 - Anon replied on the 15/10/2017 10:32:45 AM

Factors can't just cut chains off people's bikes and take them away .
If people can get passed the bike as it doesn't take up much space I don't see the issue .

#3 - Ollie replied on the 16/10/2017 8:26:08 PM

We called the factor, they didn't take it but said they would have issued a warning if it was causing any obstruction

You can reply to the post Bike stolen from close- Garthland Drive by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin