Factors

Liz posted on the 4/09/2017 7:09:40 PM

It has been suggested by one of the residents in our tenement block that we look at changing our factor to Milnbank.
Does anyone have any information if they are using Milnbank and are happy with them, both cost and service.
Traditional 8 flat tenement Dennistoun.
Thanks.

#1 - curiouscat replied on the 4/09/2017 10:49:40 PM

Best factor in the area in my opinion.

#2 - G31 replied on the 5/09/2017 10:22:06 AM

I'd second milnbank but if you want a factor instead of a housing association then I would recommend Newton, my last flat was factored by them and they were excellent.

#3 - CV3V replied on the 5/09/2017 12:27:53 PM

Milnbank are a Factors as well as a housing association. Was with them for about 10 years and no complaints, they were helpful and never overcharged.

Note that Milnbank will inspect the property to identify any essential repairs needed before they will take over, but they may also be able to assist in obtaining council grant funding for those repairs.

#4 - Anon replied on the 5/09/2017 11:28:00 PM

I would recommend Milnbank also . Live in bannatyne avenue . They clean close and back yard regular and repair faults fault quick once notified.
They inspect the building first and then give each tennent a bill . If 6 /8 tennent5 a agree the work goes ahead as they have the majority vote

#5 - James Mc replied on the 6/09/2017 9:50:37 AM

The old "majority vote" thing is a real boon. We tried to get rid of our long established (lazy) factor years ago - and he insisted on 100% voting, and there's always one person who's never there or doesn't read their mail, won't answer the door when you chase them up, etc.

Didn't help that the factor hand delivered the voting letters and some "accidentally" got delivered to another close - a cynical person might wonder they were trying to make sure there wasn't a 100% vote to get rid of them!

P.S. with a great effort, we got rid of them in the end.

#6 - anon replied on the 6/09/2017 9:57:48 AM

Thanks for all your comments.

You can reply to the post Factors by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin