Inconsiderate parking

Steve posted on the 31/01/2018 2:45:55 PM

What is my position when someone parks across my driveway blocking me in ? .. It has happened by the same car now for two days running from 7:30am to 6pm .
Usually I can't get into my drive but at least I can use the car .

#1 - The Mentalist replied on the 31/01/2018 6:12:09 PM

If you are parked in your drive, they cant park across it, blocking you in. However, if your car isn't in the drive, they can technically park on the road. However, it is bad form.

#2 - Steve replied on the 31/01/2018 7:00:33 PM

Thanks Mentalist that was my thoughts , however what can I do if he blocks me in .The police do not appear to be interested .The driveway is existent since the buildings was completed in the 1900s .
I have been without the use of my car for two days and am left trying to catch the individual to explain my position

#3 - anon replied on the 1/02/2018 3:24:42 AM

that is very inconsiderate/lazy parking, he/she obviously works nearby and is having trouble finding a quick parking spot in the mornings - of course that doesn't give them the right to block your driveway. have you tried leaving a note on their windscreen as they might not be aware the hassle its causing you, //

#4 - The Mentalist replied on the 1/02/2018 11:30:13 AM

You can ask the council to paint a white line in the road at your drive. I think there may be a charge. Not sure if it's enforceable, but makes it clear it's a driveway. It's just such bad manners to park over it.

#5 - CV3V replied on the 1/02/2018 12:00:22 PM

Another problem is if they get away with it once they will think they can do it all the time, it becomes their little secret. You could put a polite note on their windscreen. If you have a drop kerb from the road into your driveway then as others suggest, see if the council will white line it for you.

Commuter parking in Dennistoun brings a whole range of problems into the area; parking problems, badly parked cars (including on the grass), damage to residents cars (i have seen 3 cars bump into parked cars this year alone) and a huge litter problem.

Can you also please report it to the Dennistoun Community Council for recording in their list of issues.

#6 - Steve replied on the 1/02/2018 3:04:12 PM

Day Three, yes it's back halfway across the drive . I actually have a proper driveway with no kerb .Tried a note yesterday only to find it thrown In my garden .
I'm parking outside now so I can use my car,.defeats the purpose of having a driveway or garage . I will contact the council as suggested but if it's not enforceable ; what's the point .
Sad to say but roll on.parking permits for the local populace : (

#7 - James replied on the 4/02/2018 2:55:20 PM

We used to have the same problem and also simply had to park on the road accross our own driveway. It seemed to help break the commuter’s inconsiderate habit and after a while we were able to park in own driveway again. A pain but I suppose it worked.

#8 - Dtown replied on the 6/02/2018 1:07:43 AM

This is definitely a Police matter if ur being blocked in. Keep calling 101 until someone comes out as if your blocked in they are causing an obstruction and they can tow it away.

You can reply to the post Inconsiderate parking by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin