New build flats at Whitehill Street / Finlay Drive

Anon posted on the 6/11/2017 11:47:24 PM

Does anyone know what is happening at the new build flats just off Whitehill Street where the statue is? They've had workmen in for the past few weeks and it looks like they are doing renovations.

We overlook this so it's great it's less of an eyesore, just wondering why?

#1 - Dennistonian replied on the 7/11/2017 12:00:14 PM

They've recently appointed a new factor and they've came in and done a bit of a tidy up. More will be done once the winter is over. They've done a great job!!

#2 - anon replied on the 7/11/2017 3:09:59 PM

The gardens are looking fantastic, what a difference! Do you know what factor they have appointed? We desperately want to chance factor but we've always been under the impression this was too difficult to do?

#3 - SC replied on the 7/11/2017 4:33:00 PM

Newton Property Management were voted in to factor Dennistoun Village. They have made a huge improvement to the development in the few weeks they’ve been in and so far when i’ve contacted them they’ve been very helpful. I think there are more than 200 flats so I don’t know how easy it was to sack and replace. It should tell you in your deed of conditions what to do? I just had to send in a signed form to vote. There was one girl leading the move I think. If you look up their residents facebook group called Dennistoun Village it might be worth asking on there?

#4 - Si replied on the 8/11/2017 9:51:31 AM

Changing a factor is as simple as getting everyone in your close to sign up to it. I'd highly recommend Milnbank Housing Association. They look after buildings far better than any private factor I've seen and a lot cheaper as well.

#5 - anon replied on the 8/11/2017 10:52:34 AM

It is relatively simple to change factor in a single small building, I doubt a large development would be quite as easy due to owners not living in their properties etc. Milnbank is a good option for smaller buildings but I doubt they could take on a large development as they would need all owners to agree to the change. It depends on where you live. We rented from Newton before and they were very good.

#6 - CV3V replied on the 8/11/2017 2:01:49 PM

Happy to hear of the change, i lived in Dennistoun Village years ago //. Can vouch for Milnbank, have a lot of their own in house tradesman which seems to help keep costs down, but prompt service. They look after the old Great Eastern Hotel, so can manage bigger developments.

#7 - anon replied on the 8/11/2017 4:18:16 PM

The old Great Eastern Hotel building was owned by Milnbank with about half of the 100 flats being social housing. Dennistoun Village must be three times the size and with no social housing so it and others like it are much more difficult to factor. Large private developments like that would find it very difficult to get all owners onboard and Milnbank wouldn't be able to factor without that backing.

#8 - CV3V replied on the 9/11/2017 9:06:10 AM

Anon, point being made is that Great Eastern wouldn't be considered a small building, they manage more than single tenement blocks. Whether social housing is present within a development or not doesn't decide whether Milnbank can factor it - they are both a housing association and a property management company, they look after plenty of wholly privately owned properties.

You can reply to the post New build flats at Whitehill Street / Finlay Drive by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin