Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions create an Agreement applicable to your use of this
Use of the Site
You are granted a limited license to make personal use only of the site.
Contributions are welcomed and we reserve the right as to what content is used, and to move, modify or delete any content at any time.
We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any content posted by you.
By providing material through the interactive areas, through email to us or through letter
post, you agree to grant Dennistoun Online a non-exclusive, worldwide,
royalty-free, perpetual license, with the right to sublicense, to reproduce,
distribute, transmit, create derivative works of, publicly display and publicly
perform any content you submit to the site by all means and in any media now
known or hereafter developed. You also agree to indemnify, defend and hold
Dennistoun Online from any claim and damages from any submissions by you or
through your membership.
These guidelines will help you understand what we accept and do not accept
for article, forum and photographic submissions.
- Articles, photographs and Forum submissions where there is reference to
the local area including the people, clubs, businesses and organisations
based in the local area. See the street map for the area we cover. Articles,
photographs and Forum submissions must be your own work.
- We want to encourage use of our good local businesses, organisations and clubs. We want to know of their existence, where they are and what they have to offer. Requests for local information is also accepted.
- The forum is not a review site. Any recommendations on the forum will be taken as information of the likely service provided only. We do not accept negative and derogatory comments due to the anonymous nature of the source offering no redress for those affected unless it includes proper citation (i.e. a link to a reputable website). We make no warranty as to the accuracy of any information on the forum and cannot accept liability for any errors or omissions. You are strongly encouraged to verify the information directly with the local business, organisation or club, obtain independent references from past customers and other reputable sources.
- Please keep messages relevant to Dennistoun.
- Please keep replies relevant to the original message. Readers will be unhappy if you highjack the thread for your own purposes and if you deviate then it may not get published. Open another thread with a new message to discuss your point further.
We do not accept:
- Phone numbers, addresses or email addresses. You can link to their website, directory listing or Facebook page.
- Links to websites with no reference to the local area (spamming). These are automatically rejected by our script because of the serious nature of
this activity on the Internet where repeated submissions are common. A genuine submission to the forum can contain a relevant link by removing the
"http://" part of the URL.
- Unsubstantiated allegations. Content that damages the "fame, reputation and honour" of an individual, group, business or organisation by way of identifying them directly or indirectly and where we have no way of knowing that the fact of the matter is true (defamation).
- Content that is unlawful, abusive, harassing, indecent, sexually suggestive, offensive or otherwise objectionable.
- Forum submission in CAPITAL LETTERS (shouting).
- Forum submission that insults people (flaming).
- Forum submission to start trouble or an argument for its own end (trolling).
- Comments on a persons spelling or grammar ability.
- Copyrighted material that is not your own work such as newspaper articles.
- Content likely to incite crime or disorder.
- Content containing swearwords. These will automatically be edited in the forum by script to "****". This has the undesirable effect of
editing part of a legitimate word.
- Content promoting a particular belief.
- Reply that is off-topic from the original message.
Comments about moderation must be made by e-mail, not in the forum.
This site is protected by copyright. All content posted on the site will remain
the exclusive property of the individual owner. It is published by Dennistoun
Online and we therefore hold a copyright interest in the entire contents of the
site as a collective work. You may display and, subject to any expressly stated
restrictions or limitations relating to specific material, download portions of
the material solely for your own non-commercial use. You further agree not to
modify or delete any proprietary notices from materials downloaded from the
site. The content is not to be otherwise reproduced or transmitted or made
available on a network without the prior written permission of the copyright
owner. All other rights reserved. Dennistoun Online believe no infringement of
rights has occurred in the construction of this website and permission has been
sought and granted where required. If you believe that any content on the site
infringes on your copyright, or otherwise violates our terms and conditions of
use, please contact us.
Under 18's require to obtain their parent or guardian's permission before posting any comments or materials.
Please exercise responsibility and supervise your child's use of your Internet
connection. This site gives children the ability to publicly post or distribute
personally identifiable contact information.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We gather the following
1) We receive your IP address because this information is automatically reported
by your browser each time you view a web page. Your IP address and time of use
is also stored in our interactive services database when you submit content.
2) We use counters for statistical purposes to assist us in the ongoing
development of the website.
This information is not actively identified with individual users except in
extreme cases of abuse of our services. Individual users information provided to
us voluntarily will not be revealed by us to any third party without permission.
Email addresses provided at registration or otherwise may be used periodically
to send out email newsletters and promotional email to our users about services
and products offered by Dennistoun Online. We will remove users information from
our database upon request and permit them to "opt-out" of any further
email newsletters or contact. Dennistoun Online is not responsible for the
privacy policies of websites to which it may provide links. We use reasonable
precautions to keep the personal information disclosed to us secure.
Dennistoun Online has used reasonable care and skill in compiling the content of this website for information purposes only. Dennistoun online is not an agent for the businesses, organisations and individuals mentioned in this website and listed in the directory. We cannot confirm their qualifications or membership to any trade associations. Your use of any information on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to satisfy yourself that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements. We make no warranty as to the accuracy of any information on this site and cannot accept liability for any errors or omissions. You are encouraged to verify the information with other reputable sources. Links to other sites are provided for information only. The sites they link to are not under the control of Dennistoun Online, therefore, we are not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not in any way imply or express affiliation, endorsement or sponsorship by us of the site. Dennistoun Online reserves the right, without notice and in its sole discretion, to terminate your license to use the site, and to block or prevent future access to and use of the site. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland, exclusive of its provisions on conflicts of laws. Dennistoun Online's failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right.