Tenement Fire Doors

Naqi posted on the 9/03/2014 4:07:10 PM

Hi,

Im looking for replacement fire doors for my flat. As they are quite large, Im struggling to find anything easily. Anybody had any joy in replacing their doors with fire doors and if so any links/companies you can recommend?

thanks

#6 - Lynn replied on the 26/04/2021 3:12:14 PM

Hi. Can I revive Naqi's question from 2014 re fire doors. I too need to fit a fire door in my refurbed flat that has a open plan kitchen in the living room. This is quite a common refurb design now so wondered if in 2021 anyone found a supplier of tenement size fire doors. Alternatively were you allowed, by council to use intumescent paint and door seals? Would appreciate any advice. Thanks

#5 - Naqi replied on the 22/03/2014 2:19:39 AM

Hi everybody,

Thanks for your replies and suggestions. The fire doors are a requirement from building control as part of creating a new internal kitchen. I've had a look at the fire retardent paints and there seems to be mixed reviews about them.

Ian, I'll give you a shout tomorrow

Cheers

Naqi.

#4 - Malarki replied on the 17/03/2014 11:51:14 PM

Not sure why you'd want to replace your doors with fire doors but if you're that worried you could check out other ways of making them fire resistant. Like using fire retardant paint. Can guarantee it'll be alot cheaper and probably look alot nicer.

#3 - ian tyler replied on the 17/03/2014 5:27:10 PM

I have a fire door for sale please contact i live on onslow drive 167

tel 07795673846

#2 - anon replied on the 14/03/2014 11:08:49 PM

Hi you will struggle to get fire doors to fit as the old doors in the tenements are bigger than standard sizes with the height of the ceilings . You are maybe best looking to get the doors u have fitted at moment reinforced .

#1 - Twecharbeach replied on the 12/03/2014 8:09:41 PM

Have you checked out Glasgow Architectural
Salvage on south street?

You can reply to the post Tenement Fire Doors by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin