Old Whitevale and Bluevale churches

PMC posted on the 14/04/2015 6:49:13 PM

Does anyone have any photo's of either the Bluevale church that used to be on Duke Street along near the Bristol Bar or the Whitevale Church that was at 32 Whitevale St, next to St Anne's? They were demolished in the 70's or 80's, but I can't find anything on-line.

#7 - Norman Smith replied on the 27/02/2023 10:49:53 AM

Anyone members of 70th Glasgow BB company in Whitevale church remember our annual camp to Isle of Man about 1955ish

#6 - Audrey Forrest replied on the 19/11/2021 8:22:31 PM

My parents were married in Bluevale Church by the Reverend John Jolly in April 1963. The only photos I have of the church are their wedding photos, just showing the front door of the church.

#5 - Margaret Blair replied on the 1/06/2021 9:14:11 AM

From the Whitehill Former Pupils' Club record supplied to me by the online@dennistoun.co.uk, I have found line from the listing of my uncle James Telfer who died in Flanders 1916. It says: Listed on Bluevale Church Memorial, Duke Street , Glasgow (housed in Dennistoun New Parish Church: J.S.Telfer). From this, I assume the records of Bluevale Church are to be found in Dennistoun New Parish Church which you can find by Googling the name.. Hope this is helpful. I'll be contacting Dennistoun New Parish Church myself. All the best, Margaret Blair msblair@hotmail.ca

#4 - Aggie replied on the 12/02/2021 10:21:11 PM

I was christened by Rev John Jolly in the Bluevale Church in late 1950's - any idea how / where I can access church records? I'm hoping to find details of godparents (presume this would be recorded?)

#3 - Andy Scott replied on the 15/01/2021 7:46:32 PM

I was married in Bluevale Church to Maisie Todd in 11 sept 65 by the minister Rev John Jolly (not the Ricki Fulton version) but the real thing, we nicked named him Jolly John, I met Maisie at the youth fellowship it was on Saturday with games and music, Sunday nights with speakers, great fun and no nonsense. More info about Bluevale please.

#2 - mark replied on the 6/12/2020 11:28:39 AM

as a kid back in bathgate st i use to play in the old church in whitevale st sure it was set on fire early 70s remember playing inside with all the chairs ect burned

#1 - Scott replied on the 23/11/2020 12:13:01 AM

Did you find anything? My parents got married there

You can reply to the post Old Whitevale and Bluevale churches by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin