The allotments in Reidvale Street

anon posted on the 2/09/2015 10:12:02 PM

I was passing by the allotments in Reidvale Street and noticed that they were a mess, all overgrown with weeds and abandoned.
The ones at the corner of Reidvale Street and Sword Street were lovely, but the ones further along Reidvale Street were a complete mess – there was even an abandoned apple tree with the apples just waiting to be picked.
Its supposed to be really hard to get an allotment but there were loads of empty, overgrown (with weeds) abandoned strips, is the subscriptions too expensive in Reidvale?

#2 - Margaret Petrie replied on the 4/05/2021 12:55:44 PM

I believe Whitehill Secondary School has an allotment . I am trying to find out where it is and how to get access to the shed as we would like to clear the allotment and get it planted up . Can you help? Is there a number I can call to discuss this?

#1 - Malarki replied on the 2/09/2015 11:23:07 PM

Think you have to be a Reidvale HA resident to get one, so maybe not the demand?: reidvale.org.uk/our-community/allotments

You can reply to the post The allotments in Reidvale Street by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin