Dennistoun Squares

Marta posted on the 26/12/2018 7:36:37 PM

Hello, I am wondering about the Whitehill Gardens and Onslow Square - do these belong to the council? Who could I speak to about potentially, temporarily using either of those spaces?

#1 - anon replied on the 27/12/2018 9:24:10 PM

As far as I know they have always owned by the council on behalf of the people of Dennistoun, you would have to phone the city chambers and ask for permission which would need to include a full plan of what you want to use it for and provide details of what insurance policy you have in case of accidents.
personally I would be very weary using any of those two spaces as they are both commonly used as dog toilets, and the majority of owners don't bother "picking up" after their dog.
Also your "project" would have to benefit the area/people before they would let you use any of the areas, if it's for a good cause or something that will really benefit the area they might give you the area for free
Lastly as this is the east end of Glasgow anything you leave there overnight would be at risk of being stolen or vandalised - not to mention still competing with dog owners still wanting to use the area to let their dogs poo/pee

You can reply to the post Dennistoun Squares by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin