Dennistoun Palais

jeanette posted on the 26/07/2022 10:29:33 AM

Can someone please tell me what the name of the downstairs dance hall was at the Palais. I have in my mind the 'basement' but I don't think that's right. I'm sure there will be lots of you out there who were around in the 60's still kicking about, if not dancing.

#5 - Rena Lane replied on the 23/03/2024 8:56:40 PM

I remember the 'Palais Glide' on Saturday afternoons in the late 50s

#4 - sun flower replied on the 10/03/2024 12:33:08 PM

Hey Jeanette, it's great to see someone reminiscing about the good old days at Dennistoun Palais! You're right, the downstairs dance hall was indeed called the "Basement." It was where many unforgettable moments and groovy moves were made back in the swinging '60s. It's wonderful to see the memories still alive and kicking!

#3 - Andrew Ross replied on the 9/03/2024 2:04:14 PM

it might have been the El Cubano

#2 - jeanette replied on the 26/07/2022 12:37:54 PM

No Henry, I'm not asking about Jazzy. I don't know what that is. This was a downstairs smaller dance hall that people used to flock to when the 'old time' dancing came on in the large ballroom upstairs. This was in the mid 1960's. I just can't remember what it was called.

#1 - Henry replied on the 26/07/2022 12:09:25 PM

are you asking about jazzy?

You can reply to the post Dennistoun Palais by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin