Car Vandalism - Wood Street

JC posted on the 10/11/2016 2:27:41 PM

Hi there,

Has anyone else had their car vandalised recently on Wood Street? In the last 6 months I've had my registration plates stolen and my car keyed twice - I've lived in the area for 11 years and this has never been an issue thankfully until recently.

Any info would be appreciated!

#1 - Steve replied on the 10/11/2016 2:57:37 PM

A number of months ago numerous cars were vandalised across the drives. Cones from roadworks were used to thrown through windscreens. I think unfortunately this is just blind bad luck as to when and where it happens. I stay on Roslea drive and there are a handful of cars that have been keyed, of course not to say this happened while parked on the street overnight.

#2 - JC replied on the 10/11/2016 3:37:01 PM

Thanks Steve - I noticed another car in the street that was also keyed but like you say, you don't know where this might have happened - my friend also had his van done recently on Alexandra Parade so sounds like it's just a case of bad luck.

I've reported all incidents to the police but it's difficult without any CCTV.

#3 - anon replied on the 10/11/2016 7:42:04 PM

Hi JC,
Registration plates are usually stolen to duplicate your car for criminal activities, make sure you phone DVLA for a new registration number if you haven't already.

#4 - Anon2 replied on the 11/11/2016 1:58:49 AM

Had my car keyed at the top end of Meadowpark street, just round the corner, a few weeks ago.

#5 - JC replied on the 11/11/2016 2:00:45 PM

Thanks - yes I reported the stolen plates to the police

Sorry to hear that your car has been done too - I was starting to worry that twice in 2 months on either side of the car was something personal but it seems just a run of bad luck

#6 - jackie replied on the 11/11/2016 5:40:21 PM

this has happen to various cars on my street in the last few months. it only seemed to affect cars that were partially parked on the pavement though, I guess some pedestrians take offence to cars encroaching on their space and key them on the way past

#7 - Dave replied on the 12/11/2016 10:54:24 AM

I had my car keyed all down one side a couple of months back, was parked on the Parade..reported to police but little can be done with no proof or CCTV.

Just had a second deep scratch put on the car Wednesday night/Thursday morning.. parked again on the Parade.

Sick of idiots that cannot respect other peoples property.

Anyone have any ideas... can we petition for CCTV on the parade?

#8 - JC replied on the 14/11/2016 6:16:11 PM

It's an absolute disgrace, the police haven't even called me back after having reported it last week but given that's the 2nd time in less than 2 months, there isn't really much else they can do about it.

I thought there was CCTV on the parade or is it no longer in use??

Surely parking on or off the pavement can't be the reason that prompts pedestrians to key a car?? I've opted for a different street now off the parade and staying clear of wood st too

#9 - Dennistonnian replied on the 17/11/2016 11:45:19 PM

Re stolen plates there's plates lying next to the new flats just off Whitehill Street. Can't remember if the street is Whitehill Place. I noticed they were white but that's about it.

#10 - Siobhan replied on the 13/12/2016 12:06:41 AM

Hi did anyone else have their wheel trims stolen over the weekend. Mines got taken on Friday night/Saturday morning on Finlay Drive. I counted at least 10 other cars withi 250 meters. 3rd time my car has been targeted! Reg plates and window smashed!

#11 - alaina replied on the 18/12/2016 6:36:24 PM

Woke this morning to discover that my wing mirror covers have been stolen from my car again this morning. I had them previously stolen in July of this year. In september, i also had my car keyed from one end of the drivers side to the other.
I live in Whitehill St, the wing mirror thing is definitely targeted because as replacement parts they have value.
I've reported all incidents to the police, but they can't do anything. We need CCTV installed in the area as a priority, not so much for car crime, but for more serious stuff that could happen and that isn't caught on camera.

You can reply to the post Car Vandalism - Wood Street by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin