Car vandalism

Simen posted on the 14/12/2018 10:48:28 PM

We have to often park overnight on Armadale street and have had to buy 6 new tyres in the past 6months due to punctures. We had our car serviced today and the damage was so severe with a lagre nailthtough to the metal that the tyre couldve Blown. We feel it is deliberate vandalism and wondered if anyone else had the same happen in the area? We have a 1year old baby and are frightened for his and our safety

#1 - anon replied on the 16/12/2018 12:09:48 PM

well it is the east end of Glasgow - things like this do happen

#2 - Concerned replied on the 16/12/2018 12:10:49 PM

Sadly this happens everywhere. Wee yobbos think they can get away with it. Call 999 if you get a look at them.

#3 - anon replied on the 18/12/2018 11:24:59 AM

That's really bad luck, 6 tyres in 6 months? I've lived in various streets in Dennistoun 8 years always parked on street and never had issues apart from a slight keying on Alexandra parade a few years ago. If you are parked outside your flat, if you're really worried I'd set up a gopro timelapse in the window, record over it every night and if you find your tyre deflated on morning you can see what's going on. Also I feel if it was deliberate they'd use a pen knife to slash the tyre rather than try to somehow hammer in a nail. The streets in Glasgow are really badly maintained, with potholes and glass and rubbish so I wouldn't be surprised if this is from wear and tear, perhaps a few of the tyres were already on their way out.

#4 - anon replied on the 18/12/2018 11:25:53 AM

there have been many posts on here in the past about this sort of thing, with 6 damaged tyres it seems that you are being targeted more than most, are you perhaps parking partially on the pavement or on double yellow lines at the corner as a lot of people take offence to drivers doing that, or have you had a disagreement with a neighbour

#5 - anon replied on the 18/12/2018 11:26:40 AM

the "wee yobbos" usually smash windows or rip off number plates, they don't usually go to the bother of slashing car tyres

You can reply to the post Car vandalism by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin