Councils plan on dog poo ?

anon 1 posted on the 9/12/2015 4:14:43 PM

When I was walking down Whitehill Street on Monday I noticed a man wearing a yellow jacket spraying yellow paint circles around dog poo's on the pavement, Today I noticed more yellow paint circles around dog poo's on Garthland Drive, Whitehill Gardens and Ingleby Drive, I am just wondering if anyone knows what's going on, are they arranging a "clean up" of the streets and the yellow spray paint is to make finding the dog poo easier for the cleaners, or is it to try and "shame" the owners by highlighting the mess that their pets leave in the hope they will pick up after their pets in future

#1 - Malarki replied on the 9/12/2015 8:29:21 PM

I saw the same on Roslea Drive, Monday morning - not the bloke, just the painted excrement. I'm hoping that it's not the council but a costumed vigilante.

#2 - john replied on the 9/12/2015 11:12:44 PM

I also noticed the circles on garthland drive and wondered what was going on, there were about 6 or 7 circles under that wild hedge on Garthland drive, I hope the paint is water based as it looks worse than the dog droppings

#3 - Malarki replied on the 9/12/2015 11:36:56 PM

Dry yellow paint or dog excrement - which would I rather step in? Which is more harmful to a child?

#4 - john replied on the 10/12/2015 1:28:22 AM

good point malarki

#5 - anon replied on the 10/12/2015 9:45:57 AM

this has been an issue for years, I have never lived anywhere so bad. lets hope they are getting it sorted as its vile

#6 - anon replied on the 10/12/2015 9:34:07 PM

There are a lot more of those painted circles in Meadowpark Street near Duke Street, they seem to be everywhere.
If you see that man spraying again ask him if it's a cleanup operation, it's badly needed.
As I pass some of the drives on a daily basis I would say that Roslea Drive is the worst infected with poo

#7 - Malarki replied on the 11/12/2015 8:04:47 PM

Appears the paint is water soluable judging by what's happened to it on Roslea Drive - but having said that the masked avenger has his work cut out as he's missed loads further along Roslea

#8 - Concerned replied on the 13/12/2015 10:56:22 AM

I'm sure this happened in Sauchiehall Street and it was some sort of gimmick by the police to shame dog owners into doing something. Sure I read it in the Evening Times.

#9 - Anon 1 replied on the 13/12/2015 11:26:08 PM

Malarki if I see that man again I will tell him he is famous in the Dennistoun Forum where he has become known as "The Masked Avenger" and is a hero in many peoples eyes.
I would still like to know if its a cleanup or a shaming exercise though

#10 - Alan replied on the 14/12/2015 12:00:36 AM

As strange as this search may sound - Google "Glasgow yellow spray can dog" and the first link (bbc) has more info. Granted it's 3 years ago however the same principle applies.

#11 - Lise replied on the 14/12/2015 7:08:05 PM

As the yellow circles still surround the poo,I think it's a shaming exercise.This,of course,will be totally lost on the morons who are causing the problem.

#12 - Chis replied on the 4/01/2016 2:11:04 AM

I though it was some kind of art statement

#13 - Malarki replied on the 4/01/2016 4:38:32 PM

A bit late for the Turner

#14 - anon replied on the 6/01/2016 10:56:59 AM

I used to put big white circles of cleaning fluid round poo outside my mother's house in Dennistoun. I was looking after her and hadn't time to clean it up so I thought the white circles might alert people and prevent them walking in it. I once persuaded the council to send someone out to clear it - took them a few days to get there but they did everntually

#15 - Autumn replied on the 11/01/2016 12:15:33 AM

I have left Dennistoun after 30 yrs and live in Riddrie area now. Never had a problem with anything as I live in a quiet street.Now its winter and nights are dark there is a problem with dog poo..obviously because its dark people think oh I don't need to pick it up! Having a buggy its disgusting ..its dodge the poo and so much of it!

#16 - Alan replied on the 11/01/2016 4:26:04 AM

My Mum returned to Dennistoun after being away 20 or so years ,left in 1958 , and remarked about the dog poo being everywhere , I suppose in the post war period not many people had dogs .

#17 - may replied on the 20/09/2016 2:51:41 PM

the dog poo has steadily been getting worse over the years, lets hope the council send out the masked avenger with his can of spray paint again, it did help slightly at the time, but I have also seen a lot of used dog poo bags lying on the pavement as there has also been a decline in the lamppost bins in the streets lately and the owners don't want to carry the bags around

You can reply to the post Councils plan on dog poo ? by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin