Dennistoun 1914-18

Jack Dickson posted on the 26/02/2018 4:01:11 PM

I am currently researching Life in Dennistoun During WWI, as part of an Intergenerational community project to commemorate the Armistice, on 11th November this year and also mark The Year of the Young Person. If you / your parents / grandparents have any memories of Dennistoun during the 1914-1918 period OR if you now live in the area and have a family member who fought in WWI but didn't live in Dennistoun (e.g. served in the Indian, German or Russian Army), I'd love to hear from you. Yes, it was a LONG time ago but families do still pass these memories down:) Thanks in advance! jdic101769@aol.com

#1 - Betty McCoy replied on the 14/04/2018 3:22:46 AM

I also are looking for photos of dennistoun corner of duke st and gateside before demolition where my mother born and lived there 1910 to 1928 ; her name was Alice littlewood and migrated to Sydney ; betty: mccoy @ icloud : com

You can reply to the post Dennistoun 1914-18 by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin