Firpark Terrace

Akln posted on the 23/06/2017 10:37:47 PM

Does anyone know who has the ownership of the land/slope between Firpark Terrace and Ark Lane?

It would be great to see it maintained.

#1 - CV3V replied on the 25/06/2017 6:47:50 PM

The land is adopted by the council and they are responsible for its maintenance. You can google 'Glasgow City Council adopted land' and use the map to see.

I have complained all year using the myGlasgow app about the state of it //.

The more people that complain the better, maybe get councillor involved.

#2 - CV3V replied on the 25/06/2017 6:58:39 PM

Last comment relating to council adopted land register only shows roads and footpaths. But from a conversation i had last year the slope is maintained by the council. They were annoyed that last year the residents chopped the trees back.

There didn't used to be a slope there, there was a retaining wall between the terrace and Ark Lane. The wall fell down and rather than repair it they (council?) just formed that steep embankment.

Its a real eyesore, would be good if as many people as possible could complaint to council about it.

#3 - CV3V replied on the 25/06/2017 6:58:49 PM

Last comment relating to council adopted land register only shows roads and footpaths. But from a conversation i had last year the slope is maintained by the council. They were annoyed that last year the residents chopped the trees back.

There didn't used to be a slope there, there was a retaining wall between the terrace and Ark Lane. The wall fell down and rather than repair it they (council?) just formed that steep embankment.

Its a real eyesore, would be good if as many people as possible could complaint to council about it.

#4 - Akln replied on the 27/06/2017 9:43:00 AM

Thanks, I will have a look at myGlasgow app.

Would be great to see some grass planted and maintained like the path (Ark Lane) between broompark drive and Duke street.

Bringing it up during the dennistoun community council meeting could be a good idea!

You can reply to the post Firpark Terrace by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin