Nails in Tyres

Jen K posted on the 3/08/2017 4:00:54 PM

Hi everyone,

In the last 8 weeks I've had to replace 5 tyres on my car due to them having nails in them! I've no known enemies so I'm starting to think it might be troublemakers. I live on Garthland Drive and was wondering if anyone else in the area has had problems!

Thanks
Jen

#1 - Malarki replied on the 3/08/2017 9:04:16 PM

Any building work been going on nearby? If so that might explain it as nails easily get dropped and don't get picked up.

#2 - Alan replied on the 4/08/2017 9:13:21 AM

I'd also double check with your mechanics...a nail in a tyre is a patch to repair not a new tyre. Unless it's the sidewall which would then tell me it's deliberate.

#3 - Natalie replied on the 4/08/2017 8:08:02 PM

My flat mate parked her car on Armadale street a couple of weeks ago and had to replace a tyre. The mechanic said it looked like someone had stuck a screwdriver in it. Don't know for sure though.

You can reply to the post Nails in Tyres by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin