Woman Sleeping At The Front Of Flats?

Concerned posted on the 24/06/2015 10:10:20 AM

Has anybody seen this woman? She was in the Daily Record sleeping in a playpark in the Calton a few weeks ago with various "medical" paraphanelia around her. She seems to be sleeping at the front of closes in Dennistoun now since that report. She's got a big sheet and puts it at the front of the close and lies on top of it without a care in the world. Its bugging me now as she literally won't move when she appears. A few Calton residents are saying she runs around the streets screaming, so she is obviously disturbed. Basically, I'm wondering if this is a 999 or a 101 job that I should phone? Thanks a lot.

#1 - Landed Gentry replied on the 24/06/2015 2:05:12 PM

What flats? What street?

#2 - The Mentalist replied on the 24/06/2015 3:56:47 PM

I'd call 101 for advice. Vagrancy is against the law. The poor soul sounds like she needs some intervention.

#3 - anon_l replied on the 24/06/2015 9:12:52 PM

When was this in the Daily Record. We had issues with a woman sleeping in the close. She wasn't bothered when we chased her away. Wondering if its the same girl.

#4 - anon_l replied on the 24/06/2015 9:13:54 PM

Just found the article and I'm pretty sure this is the woman I had to report.

#5 - Concerned replied on the 25/06/2015 9:55:43 AM

Here is the link to the Daily Record picture..

www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/health/childrens-playpark-yet-another-harrowing-5853830

#6 - Concerned replied on the 17/07/2015 10:22:53 AM

She's been given help, acccording to the local grapevine. She hasn't been around in a while.

#7 - Anon replied on the 31/01/2016 4:32:07 PM

Looks like she is back. Found a woman on my close stairs this morning on Cumbernauld Road just across from St Rollox bowling green/Cafe Zecchino.

I told her that she would have to move and she apologised. I felt really bad for her and asked her name. Said it was Pamela, when I asked if she was okay, she said she would be fine.

She was in a blue sleeping bag and had gingerish hair. I was going to phone 101 but she said she would move on.

Looked pretty vulnerable but wasn't confrontational at all and didn't look drugged up.

#8 - anon_l replied on the 31/01/2016 9:22:03 PM

Sounds like the woman in my close a few months back. I agree she wasn't confrontational but I did get the impression she was on something I'm afraid. I couldn't rouse her at all.

#9 - Ian replied on the 1/02/2016 9:09:10 AM

She's a nightmare. She'll say she's walking away then she'll turn up about 10 minutes later and be back in the same place. Don't fall for the lies. She pulled this **** in the Calton. I think there might be actual trouble if she turns up back here. Her face is in the paper as the "face of the Calton".

#10 - Ian replied on the 2/02/2016 5:46:55 PM

Me again. If she comes back to these flats, it will be a straight 999 job to get her shifted. Don't let her become too comfortable as she'll keep on coming back to your close and legitimately think she lives there. Needs major psychological help. I think you just have to shout at her to bolt. It's a shame, but it shouldn't be up to flat-owners to get her medical help.

#11 - anon_l replied on the 3/02/2016 8:30:06 AM

I agree Ian. It's obvious she needs help, but that's not my job I'm afraid. Each time she bursts the door open (which she does in my close) its me, as the only home owner in the block who needs to pay for repairs. It concerns me that word spreads and before you know it the close is full of people sleeping.n

#12 - Ian replied on the 3/02/2016 11:55:51 AM

Don't forget that she leaves needles about too.

#13 - anon replied on the 3/02/2016 1:36:40 PM

if everyone could try a wee bit harder to make their contempt for the destitute less obvious...

#14 - anon_l replied on the 3/02/2016 6:00:42 PM

So you think it's acceptable for someone to break into the close, cause damage that costs home owners to repair, leave needles and what else in the close?

#15 - Ian replied on the 3/02/2016 11:00:00 PM

I've got nothing against her, but she doesn't live here. Police have chased her away yet she comes back here and destroys property as well as blood spurts (from a needle, I imagine) all over the white walls. If the police move her away and yet she comes back, what can you really do?

#16 - Concerned replied on the 6/02/2016 10:20:11 AM

As of 09:30, she was sleeping on the grass next to the pond in Alexandra Park.

#17 - The Mentalist replied on the 7/02/2016 12:02:56 AM

She needs police and social work intervention.

#18 - Whitehill replied on the 7/02/2016 1:35:00 PM

Is she young? It's a real shame folk like up like this. You have to wonder if more and more people are ending up like this due to cuts to services designed to help such people.

#19 - Concerned replied on the 8/02/2016 10:14:48 AM

I'd say shes not as old as she looks. I'm guessing early 30s.

#20 - anon_l replied on the 8/02/2016 5:57:43 PM

I agree - early 30s.

#21 - Concerned replied on the 9/02/2016 12:16:24 PM

If you hear screaming during the night in Dennistoun on the streets, it's probably her.

#22 - Ian replied on the 15/02/2016 7:17:36 PM

I was across the road and saw her doing a cartwheel today. Literally put a paper cup of something on the ground and did a cartwheel, picked it up and continued walking. It was the weirdest thing I've ever seen in Alex Parade. Whole place was quite busy.

#23 - Ian replied on the 8/04/2016 9:29:41 PM

I had to chase a woman about 6am on Tuesday morning from inside my close at Finlay Drive. She was sitting on the stairs drunk, looking at a big scab on her leg, when I caught her. I got the police and they chased her away. Walked her out the door. Don't think its the same person as the Daily Record report though. Woman was 50+ . Seems like we've got a few women doing it now.

You can reply to the post Woman Sleeping At The Front Of Flats? by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin