DennistounOnline
Community News, Views & Information

"Davies" the butchers closing

anon posted on the 2/12/2018 1:56:32 PM

my friend told me that Davies the butchers shop in Duke Street is closing down in a couple of weeks time, I knew Davie (who owned the shop) had died a few years ago and his wife has kept on running it by herself, but surely not closing down - its the last decent butchers in dennistoun

1 Reply :

#1 - anon replied on the 2/12/2018 4:38:16 PM

I was in Davies yesterday, and the workers were saying that the shop has been bought over by another family who own a chain of butchers shops, it will open on Tuesday morning under new ownership and nothing much will change, they will keep on nearly all the current workers and the biggest change at first will be their new uniforms.
lets hope the quality of the meat or the prices doesn't change

You can reply to the post "Davies" the butchers closing by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin