Pleased to find you

Ian Taylor posted on the 10/05/2017 8:43:37 PM

I was born in August 1940, lived firstly in 591 Duke Street and from 1945 until 1953/54 in 150 Roebank Street with my sister Sandra. I attended Alexandra Parade and Whiteill schools. I remember the people in Bill Hogg's 2nd photograph plus Bert Andrews, Murray Aitken, Jim Torrance and the McCracken girls. I was at school (I think) with Bunty Melrose - family owned the dairy on the corner of Meadow Park Street and Alexandra Parade. At one time Johnny MacKenzie (Partick Thistle, Scotland) and ?? famous Celtic player also lived in 150 Roebank Street.

#1 - Peter replied on the 10/05/2017 8:58:51 PM

Charles Patrick Tully

According to
www.dennistoun.co.uk/Page.asp?
Title=Digest&Section=22&Page=3

#2 - Alan Steven replied on the 12/05/2017 11:25:59 AM

Hullo Ian,been a wee while since we last communicated. Often wondered what happened to Billy Brown--one of the best football players I had ever seen. I did knock on the doors of the flat in Roebank St--got Charlie Tully's, Johnny MacKenzies signatures. Charlie Tully treated me like he was delighted I had visited him. All of the kids who played football on the spare ground next to Lyons Tea Warehouse often would exchange greetings and an occasional pass for Cheeky Charlie to return. My email is alba67@comcast.com

#3 - alan steven replied on the 28/06/2017 9:35:43 AM

Correction to communication to Ian Taylor. My e mail address is
alba67@comcast.net--not .com. thank you

#4 - john fenton replied on the 26/02/2020 4:43:01 PM

Bunty Melrose was in my class in Whitehill sen sec school 1954/5 .I remember her well.I was completely besotted by her and remember kissing her in the close where she lived on Alexandra Parade

#5 - Chris Melrose replied on the 21/11/2022 4:28:22 PM

John, I came across your post when looking for information on Melrose's dairy, my grandpa's shop. It made me smile to think of Aunty Bunty as a young girl kissing a boy in the close. Brightened up my whole day.

You can reply to the post Pleased to find you by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin