Black Rooster

gg posted on the 3/09/2017 8:36:51 PM

I was wondering if anyone had tried this place in Duke Street as everytime I pass, it is always very busy.

#1 - anon replied on the 3/09/2017 10:01:53 PM

where exactly is it - I have never noticed it before - is it a new Chinese takaway

#2 - Christine replied on the 7/09/2017 7:55:12 PM

Yes I've been and it's amazing just like peri peri from Portugal try it!

#3 - gg replied on the 7/09/2017 10:07:25 PM

It is across the road from the Mothers Pride factory.

#4 - liz replied on the 18/08/2018 6:59:25 PM

do they deliver

#5 - anon replied on the 19/08/2018 4:05:13 PM

I have passed by it in the early evening, and as previously said it is always busy, maybe because there is nothing else around there to go at night (except pubs)
it seems to be a fried chicken shop where you can eat inside or take away (sorry no home delivery's)
there a several different flavours like original, southern fried, barbecued, peri-peri and a few more.
it looks good and smells delicious with a big queue waiting to be served, but I have never actually tried it

#6 - anon replied on the 20/08/2018 9:42:09 AM

They don't deliver. I've asked before and they said they don't because they're just too busy. When I've eaten there it's been nice but check your order if you get take-away as there's been a few times I've been given the wrong level of spice or item missing. In terms of food it's basically Nandos. If you like Nandos then you should like Black Rooster. I believer BR is cheaper though. Enjoy.

You can reply to the post Black Rooster by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin