Bellgrove abattoir and meat market

Akln posted on the 17/05/2018 5:21:31 PM

Planning application out for the site, just for the creation of public realm and streets so far.

#1 - anon replied on the 21/05/2018 9:20:01 AM

pity it would make a nice public park, then again the dog owners would probably try to turn it into another "Dog park/dog toilet" like they did with that one on whitehill street - selfish lot

#2 - CV3V replied on the 21/05/2018 2:57:45 PM

Unfortunately the site is an old brownfield site and is likely contaminated, there wasn't just a meatmarket there but also a chemical works which means it wouldn't be safe to use as a public park without paying for the site to be cleaned up. I assume thats why the council went to the expense of putting a proper fence around the site and not just earth bunds like they did around Barrack St.

What i would like to see in the masterplan is a new 'Dennistoun Cross' at the Duke Street junction. This could then accommodate a farmers market. The old sheds are way too big for a market or to find another meaningful use.

#3 - Matthew Stone replied on the 22/06/2019 10:53:45 PM

Hi I am working with developers in Toronto Canada and would like to get a contact person for building on the land

You can reply to the post Bellgrove abattoir and meat market by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin