Pavement parking ban coming

Malarki posted on the 14/06/2018 1:48:50 AM

This should help with some of Dennistoun's parking problems:
www.livingstreets.org.uk/who-we-are/press-media/national-ban-on-pavement-parking-coming-to-scotland

#1 - Alan replied on the 14/06/2018 12:02:49 PM

It will be up to local councils if they decide to ban it - it's not a whitewash ban. In some areas in Dennistoun this will remove parking and make the problems worse.

#2 - anon replied on the 15/06/2018 10:48:11 AM

@Alan - I can't wait for pavement parking to be banned, parking on pavements is unsafe for pedestrians, especially children, mums with buggy's and wheelchair users, if its unsafe to park your car on a road without plonking two wheels on a pavement then obviously the road is too narrow for cars to park on both sides and you should find somewhere else to park,. you might not be able to park outside your own door, you might have to park a couple of streets away but that is part of the problems of owning a car - the pavement was designed to keep the pedestrian safe not facilitate car parking

#3 - Malarki replied on the 15/06/2018 10:49:07 AM

As a pedestrian, any restriction that prevents the obstruction and damage of pavements is good. If it means less parking is available then hopefully it will encourage less use of cars which is good for everyone.

#4 - anon replied on the 16/06/2018 3:59:37 AM

its about time, I am all for something that will make walking in the streets (pavement) safer and easier, I am wondering how it will be enforced though.

#5 - anon replied on the 17/06/2018 10:32:38 AM

just want to say its also unsafe for dads with buggies.

as you were...

#6 - JR replied on the 18/06/2018 11:48:26 AM

Great! Any idea when this is likely to happen?

#7 - CV3V replied on the 18/06/2018 2:27:46 PM

will be legislated on next year, and then it will be for the council to decide if they are enforcing it, and if so on what roads...

#8 - anon replied on the 19/06/2018 10:32:40 AM

the parking ban gets my full support

#9 - anon replied on the 19/06/2018 10:36:14 AM

there are lots of roads in Dennistoun that could do with some attention from the council enforcers

#10 - GA replied on the 19/06/2018 12:34:30 PM

Lots and lots of roads where some enforcement is needed!

My concern is that GCC don't do a lot to enforce current restrictions. Issues like parking on double yellows, blocking access or taking action when people park in restricted areas on Firpark and Wishart Streets clearly need to be enforced.

You can reply to the post Pavement parking ban coming by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin