Where can I get an Intercom key fob

anon posted on the 23/06/2018 4:22:35 PM

My son lost his keys a few days ago, now the keys themselves are easily replaced but I cant find anywhere that can make a replacement intercom key fob to open the intercom door, I have tried keys galore in Duke street but they don't make that kind of fobs, and I have tried a key cutters is asda and one in the inshops in the forge but they said that they cant help, we don't have a factor and the door was put in a few years ago, so my son and I are currently sharing the one key fob, none of the neighbours can remember who replaced the door so we are stuck

#1 - The Mentalist replied on the 26/06/2018 12:18:26 AM

You can buy from amazon

#2 - Fab replied on the 26/06/2018 10:06:32 AM

I have done 5/6 key fob in a shop next to the barrowland, 20 yards after the Barras gate a large shop selling car accessories ( before the wallpaper shop in the corner) if I remember properly it was £5/6 and done in a couple of minutes. Hope this will help.

#3 - CV3V replied on the 26/06/2018 11:27:18 AM

The key fob needs coded to the correct radio frequency being used on your door entry system, so you cant just randomly buy one and expect it work. The car shop at the Barras is a good shout, take along the one that works to see if they can clone it (i.e. copy over the radio frequency).

If that still doesn't work you could try asking Milnbank Housing Association how they get copies made.

#4 - anon replied on the 27/06/2018 10:19:34 AM

Thanks I will give that shop a try, is it the "auto cruisers" next to the school clothing company.

#5 - Craig replied on the 29/06/2018 12:00:06 PM

Small shop Shettleston road opposite Police Station about 100 yards towards co-op have a sign saying "Housing key fobs"

#6 - anon replied on the 30/06/2018 11:16:24 AM

I have got one, many thanks everyone

#7 - Maureen replied on the 7/07/2021 6:16:28 PM

Anon can I ask you were you got it and how much it was please im looking for one as well as my other one got damaged thanks

#8 - anon replied on the 23/09/2021 1:11:16 AM

Hello, if i may ask what to do if you dropped and lost the key fob outside ? My system has add/remove cards but need the actual key fob so they are of no help!

You can reply to the post Where can I get an Intercom key fob by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin