Caretaker/Cleaner Post 25hr/week
Richard K posted on the 30/08/2021 10:08:24 AM
Salary: £12,350.00 Pension: We offer a Flexible Retirement Plan Scheme/Defined Contribution
Hours: 25 hours per week Monday to Sunday, due to the nature of the post a degree of flexibility will be required to cover evening and weekend work, where applicable time off in lieu will be given.
Closing Date: Friday 17th September 21
Annual Leave: 20 days annual leave and 12 days public holiday.
Location: Reidvale Neighbourhood Centre, 13 Whitevale Street, Dennistoun, Glasgow, G31 1QW
Contact: Richard K. on 0141 554 5315 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Caretaker/Cleaner will be responsible for safety and quality of cleaning service provision within the Centre. He/she will also have a very hands-on role in terms of ongoing maintenance and cleaning of the building and grounds.
1. Ensure that appropriate standards are established and maintained.
2. Directly undertake any of the General Assistants and Receptionists daily operational duties as required.
3. Help to establish and continuously improve procedures for cleaning, maintenance and health & safety and ensure that they are adhered to.
4. Take responsibility and make independent decisions on courses of action within agreed limits.
5. Maintain adequate levels of stocks of materials and consumables for the efficient operation of the Centre.
6. Ensure that all fire and health & safety arrangements are applied and adhered to and that the Centre is safe at all times.
7. Ensure that at all times high quality provision exists.
8. Deal with faults and incidents.
9. Process accident, theft and damage reports.
10. Carry out routine safety and maintenance checks on equipment and facilities including painting and minor repair.
11. Act as an out-of-hours key-holder, including responding to alarm activations.
12. This position involves evening and weekend work on regular basis; this may include working shift patterns and weekend work.
1. Clean toilets; this includes public, disability and staff toilets. Check/replace toilet rolls and soap. Clean floors, pans, sinks and surrounding areas, check for dirt on tiles, mirrors, doors and walls clean as necessary.
2. Offices; to include all offices within the building. Vacuum, clean surfaces, dust, polish, empty bins and dust phones.
3. Function Halls; sweep and buff halls, empty ashtrays, clean all areas and all glass areas, wipe down and clean all doors and tables.
4. Meeting Room; clean and empty bins. Vacuum floor and dust tables and polish tables as required
5. Kitchens; to include all kitchens in the building clean all work top surfaces and white goods, brush and mop floor areas, clean and wash down wall tiles
1. Carry out all duties in accordance with the Centre's Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and other organisational policies and procedures.
2. Attend staff meetings and other meetings, including managerial supervision.
3. Participate in training courses.
4. Carry out other duties, commensurate with the abilities of the post-holder.
You may be required to carry out other duties that the centre administrator feels is necessary for the safe running of the Centre.
- Be the first to reply :
You can reply to the post Caretaker/Cleaner Post 25hr/week by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.