New Public Building Dennistoun

Luke Cowen posted on the 17/01/2024 2:45:28 PM

Good Afternoon to the Community of Dennistoun!

I'm an architecture student at the Glasgow School of Art and I've been given a brief to design a public building for the residents of Dennistoun. The site is the Alex Robertson Plumbing Supplies warehouse next to the Bellgrove station. I've done some research myself into the current provision of public buildings and, consequently, what the neighborhood is missing; however, I thought I would reach out to seek public opinion on the matter. So, what public building do you think would benefit the neighborhood?

#1 - BA Baracus replied on the 28/01/2024 7:42:05 PM

Hi Luke,
It needs to be something to benefit the more fortunate citizens of Dennistoun, for a change.
There are loads of young, crafty, foodie, sociable types, breathing new life into the place, so a multifunctional space that attracts all those elements. Fresh produce /market / work station areas, if you work from home this would be fab / cafe / wine / deli /arts and crafts etc.
No vapes shops, barbers, lebara mobile top ups or takeaways.
The building should not be a soul sucking architecture of control, that dulls every fibre of your being (the new flats across the road). It should be like the Victorians intended, to be appreciated.

Good luck:)

You can reply to the post New Public Building Dennistoun by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin