Scrapyard

Alfred Nobile posted on the 25/08/2024 7:47:27 PM

Does anyone remember the scrapyard in Whitevale St? I think it was called Alison's

#1 - john ramage replied on the 11/09/2024 2:46:54 PM

Hi ,
I believe this was called Sam B Allison, and was a demolition contractor, so the yard was more a reclamation yard , selling reclaimed timber and architectural items than a scrap yard.
Hope this answers your request .
Regards Joh Ramage

#2 - Norman Smith replied on the 24/09/2024 11:49:56 AM

I lived at the top of Whitevale st and remember "visiting" Allisons place on several occasions. Got caught with my mate once and we were taken to a house across from the yard in the terrace. Not sure if it was owner or son but we got a severe talking to and left with a chocolate biscuit. Anyone remember going to Allisons place in Bluevale St at Christmas and given a shilling after singing carols.

You can reply to the post Scrapyard by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin