Running buddy / partner / club

Kelly J E McFadden posted on the 31/07/2018 1:31:24 AM

As a new but hoping to be... 'decent' or 'serious' runner, I am looking for anyone else in a similar position to train with / or a club to join x

#1 - anon replied on the 31/07/2018 4:03:42 PM

I remember there was a thread on this forum a few years ago about one of the local residence that encouraged anyone who was interested in running to meet up once a week for a mass run/jog, I think they used to meet up on a Tuesday outside Whitehill swimming pool and go for a run around Alexandra park, it was a completely unofficial thing and you just went along whenever you felt like it and it was completely free.
I don't know if its still happening, maybe someone else on here could let you know or you could set up a similar scheme.

#2 - TMI replied on the 24/08/2018 9:57:48 PM

Hi Kelly, I think a running club would do well in Dennistoun. I'm also training just now, aiming for reasonably decent time at 10k distance. I see a fair few people out and about, but there's no organised group just now.

#3 - Katie replied on the 14/10/2018 9:52:48 PM

A running group has just been set up - join the group East End Active on Facebook to find out more about when we're next meeting. So far, levels seem to range from complete beginners to half marathon runners, so hopefully that would fit the bill! We're a friendly bunch, too!

#4 - TMI replied on the 18/10/2018 1:31:25 PM

It would be excellent if we could get a Parkrun event organised for Alexandra Park.

You can reply to the post Running buddy / partner / club by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin