Bluevale Gardens

andy posted on the 11/05/2016 6:38:59 PM

what's happening with the wee gardens between Whitevale street and Bluevale street, I thought it closed a few years ago to get rid of the rat problem, refurbish the basketball court and rebuild the kids playground that was in it (the playground was set on fire and all the equipment was burnt down by teenagers)
but years later and there doesn't seem to have been anything done to it and its still locked up

#1 - anon_l replied on the 11/05/2016 8:50:43 PM

Well there's proposals for that area and the flats next to it to be regenerated/demolished so they might do something then

#2 - dennistoun replied on the 12/05/2016 10:54:10 PM

not more houses, at this rate there wont be any wee green spaces left for kids to play in, those property developers just seem to care about making more money and not the local impact of their developments, we will just be left with a concrete jungle

#3 - anon_l replied on the 13/05/2016 12:17:57 PM

Well i found out today its definitely happening. I don't think there will be too many extra houses as they are demolishing everything there and rebuilding on the land. So if they are regenerating the area it would be nice to think they may make improvements to the green spaces too?

#4 - andy replied on the 14/05/2016 3:50:57 PM

@anon_l how did you find out what's happening there, is there an online link ?
I would like to see what they have got planned for the area

#5 - anon_l replied on the 15/05/2016 8:21:11 PM

My house is one of the flats being demolished. The concierge at the old high rises has a lay out of what's planned.

#6 - andy replied on the 16/05/2016 9:09:59 AM

I will have a look - Thanks

#7 - Tam replied on the 27/05/2016 1:44:55 PM

Hopefully if it is new houses it it will be social housing its badly needed around here with all the gentrification.

#8 - anon_l replied on the 27/05/2016 5:47:20 PM

The area where the high-rise flats were is going to have houses built which will go up for sale and the rest will be owned by the H.A

You can reply to the post Bluevale Gardens by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin