Closure of RBS in Alexandra Parade

anon posted on the 27/03/2017 2:32:49 PM

I got a letter through the post today from the Royal Bank of Scotland saying that they have decided to close their Alexandra Parade Branch on 9 October 2017, and moving all accounts to their Parkhead Branch because more and more customers are using telephone, digital and mobile banking.
I don’t know how they can justify closing the Branch as it is always busy and there is always a queue in it, this will hit older people and disabled people in the area the hardest not to mention businesses who use it for getting change and of course business banking.
This is disgusting as there are few other banks in the immediate area except TSB in Duke Street, looks like I am going to have to change Banks

#1 - ANON_L replied on the 27/03/2017 3:04:50 PM

You do realise that eventually all the other banks will do the same.

#2 - anon replied on the 27/03/2017 8:34:55 PM

I remember when there were lots of Banks in Dennistoun - in Alexandra parade there was the bank of Scotland and the royal bank of Scotland (I think they were next door to each other)
in Duke street there was the Abby national, the Halifax, the TSB, the bank of Scotland and I think there was also a royal bank of Scotland all in a small radius of each other.
nowadays the banks don't seem to care about their customers and just keep shutting down braches to save costs

#3 - mac2 replied on the 28/03/2017 10:22:22 AM

What gets me is they say people are moving to internet and mobile banking, well they are but a lot of that is because bank branches are closing and folk are left with no option. That branch is always busy, the reason - people want to do their banking that way. Its bad for local people and its bad for local business, and I also will be changing bank; not that RBS will care.

#4 - anon replied on the 29/03/2017 2:14:55 AM

is there any way to start some kind of petition or something to let RBS know how important that branch is to the local community ?
as other people have said it is ALWAYS busy, you could easily wait 20 minutes in the queue

#5 - anon replied on the 4/04/2017 3:49:20 PM

Ivan McKee MSP has set up a petition. If you go on his Facebook or twitter page you can get the details.

please sign and share

#6 - anon replied on the 5/04/2017 7:20:31 PM

Thanks for the petition info - I have just signed, there weren't many signatures though, could everyone else please sign
www.gopetition.com/petitions/stop-the-closure-of-the-rbs-branch-alexandra-parade.html#.WOOqFZ3iHRE.twitter

You can reply to the post Closure of RBS in Alexandra Parade by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin