Litter and dog fouling

anon posted on the 8/07/2017 1:14:36 AM

Just wondering who/where we should complain about the state of the streets in Dennistoun regarding the huge amount of litter and dog poo that seems to be all over.

It's a real shame that there seems to be a lack of care about this area, when I lived in the west end I would see those street sweeper machines all the time. I've not seen one in 6 months of living here.

#1 - Anon_l replied on the 8/07/2017 11:31:32 AM

In the 11 years i lived in Dennistoun this was an issue. Can't see it changing any time soon.

#2 - curiouscat replied on the 8/07/2017 7:12:25 PM

Go to the council website and "report it" on their online form. They do tend to respond to issues if people do this often enough.

#3 - CV3V replied on the 9/07/2017 12:45:34 PM

Litter in Glasgow has always been an issue, so many friends who have visited Glasgow for the first time comment on what a great city it is, but shame its so dirty!

You can report specific litter etc using MyGlasgow app, or online. You can make a more general complaint via one of the local councillors and they will forward to the right person in council.

There are now more bins in the area, but you can't teach people to use them.

#4 - Alan replied on the 9/07/2017 12:46:37 PM

Apart from the park mostly the area is not conductive to dog ownership as it covered in concrete.

You can reply to the post Litter and dog fouling by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin