Missing Cat

curiouscat posted on the 15/11/2016 2:40:44 AM

My cat Albert is AWOL (again). I presume because of the fireworks last night! I know he is being fed by others (please stop) and he is being taken in to someone's house as well. He stinks of smoke every time he comes home which is bad for his health. I "think" that this is happening on Ingleby Drive but not 100%. He has food, water and beds at home - he needs no care from others - thank you. He has a cat flap and comes and goes as he pleases BUT if people keep taking him in, he is unable to come home. He usually wears a collar but this is either being lost or removed on a regular basis. He is ginger and white with a splodge on his nose. Please let him roam as he pleases and don't assume he is lost. He needs to be able to come and go, so if you see him, don't take him into your house, just tell him to go home where he has everything he needs. Thanks.

#1 - Swan replied on the 15/11/2016 4:09:12 PM

Curiouscat, I am reading this literally ten minutes after seeing Albert (I'm 99% sure it was him, though I wasn't close enough to see the splodge on his nose) strolling up Meadowpark Street near the corner with Onslow Drive. He looked his usual happy self, out on the wander, so I hope he'll come back to you soon. I've also seen him fairly recently settled on a windowsill on Onslow, between Meadowpark and Armadale. If I see him again, I'll tell him to go home!

#2 - curiouscat replied on the 15/11/2016 7:10:46 PM

He has been back again since I posted but stinks of smoke again. I know he has a favourite windowsill on Onslow where I tend to find him when I'm looking but he must have other haunts as well. The smoking is what bothers me most tbh. Thanks for your post Swan and appreciate you telling him to go home :)

#3 - Swan replied on the 16/11/2016 1:27:21 AM

His territory seems to extend up Meadowpark Street - he's yowled off a few pretenders there. It's always a joy to see him and I always say hello, although it sometimes makes me look like a crazy cat lady! My cats are indoors ones, so it's lovely to see him roaming the neighbourhood.

#4 - The Mentalist replied on the 17/11/2016 11:57:04 AM

I think the person feeding your cat is just trying to be kind. I wouldn't be too upset by it. I saw my neighbour throw a bowl of water over a cat once. Now that, I was upset about.

You can reply to the post Missing Cat by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin