Off road parking on Firpark Street

Sophie B posted on the 13/09/2017 12:19:16 AM

Has anyone noticed the little blue car parked on the grass near the necropolis wall ? Thought it had been abandoned at first but it seems someone is using it as free parking on Firpark Street. The tyre tracks are also making a mess of the area. Makes me angry when people are so inconsiderate never mind the rest of us have to pay for parking.

#1 - G replied on the 13/09/2017 3:34:25 PM

I've seen this too! Mentioned it to a parking warden but they didn't seem interested. Does anyone have any ideas who this should be reported to?

I've reported lots of parking issues but don't feel like it makes any difference at all.

#2 - James C replied on the 13/09/2017 3:35:13 PM

I thought it was abandoned too and reported it to the council. They say it's not abandoned and as such can't do anything!

#3 - CV3V replied on the 13/09/2017 6:33:25 PM

Saw it yesterday, what a joke if the council won't do anything about it, its torn up all the grass. // so its ok to drive over the pavement onto the grass and park there?! Might try that in George Square then.

#4 - Jay replied on the 15/09/2017 9:05:30 PM

I know, it's crazy. Just keep on making a mess of the grass.
You'd think the Police would have noticed by now, as its been happening for a few weeks now

#5 - Anon replied on the 16/09/2017 10:43:08 AM

Where can this be reported to so that something is done?

I'll happily report if I see it but it doesn't sound like anyone is interested.

Nothing has been done when I've complained or reported issues before.

#6 - CV3V replied on the 16/09/2017 8:27:41 PM

maybe take a picture of the car and the damage to the grass and forward on to councillor Alan Casey, he is on Facebook, and ask him to take up with the council.

You can reply to the post Off road parking on Firpark Street by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin