Running Buddy

Alan posted on the 3/04/2016 10:00:58 AM

Hi all, now we have the lighter weather I am keen to start exploring the area while flinging in a run here and there. Is there any running clubs in the area?

#1 - Jen replied on the 7/04/2016 2:51:42 PM

Hi Alan! I'm afraid I don't know of any running clubs in Dennistoun, but check out Glasgow Phoenix Runners who have just started up from Glasgow Clubs across the city (nearest propbably the Gorbals). Google, or look on facebook for them- sorry the forum won't let me post links!
Also, if you are free on Saturday mornings, there's a friendly bunch of folk to meet at Tollcross Parkrun- free, timed 5k every Saturday 9:30am (first timers briefing 9:20am). You can find out more at parkrun website (google tollcross parkrun and it should come up).
There's also other parkruns in Glasgow (Springburn, Victoria and Pollok) and plenty other running groups such as jogscotland groups, red bridge runners, achilles heel run club, glasgow frontrunners etc. I hope you find something that suits you :)

#2 - Stuart replied on the 8/04/2016 4:02:59 PM

As Jen says the Glasgow Phoenix club is great and supportive. They have a facebook page set up with all the routes.

I'm one of the Run Directors of Tollcross parkrun. Not only are we friendly (with cake) but there are plenty of our regulars who go out and run together midweek and on a Sunday. To register for parkrun you can do so at: www.parkrun.org.uk/tollcross

You can reply to the post Running Buddy by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin