food forest in Alexandra Park

anon posted on the 21/03/2016 1:25:47 AM

I was taking a walk through Alexandra park on Sunday and I noticed a lot of chalk marks on the ground pointing to a "Food forest" so I followed them to patch of field where a lot of people were planting different types of edible fruit trees such as apple, pear, plum, peach.
it wasn't fenced off and everyone was working hard so I didn't want to interrupt them with questions, does anyone know anything about it, what happens to the fruit when the trees start producing ?
are the people who are doing the planting going to keep it themselves, is the park going to sell it or is it just going to fall to the ground for anyone who wants it, I think its a great idea but I bet a lot of the local young hooligans will soon rip up the trees out of boredom

#1 - anon_l replied on the 21/03/2016 1:38:41 AM

Sounds like a lovely idea but i agree, I don't see it ending well.

#2 - Dennistonian replied on the 21/03/2016 3:14:41 PM

If you go to the 'What's on' Section on this forum you'll see the poster for it.

#3 - Lise replied on the 27/03/2016 7:00:57 PM

It's lovely. I've been checking on it daily. No vandalism. Let us all make an attempt to feel more positivity. It could become contagious! X

You can reply to the post food forest in Alexandra Park by completing the form. No registration required. The forum is moderated in order that messages adhere to the editorial integrity of Dennistoun Online. Please read the guidelines before you submit to the forum. If you believe that we have missed a message that contravenes these guidelines then please contact us and we will either edit or remove it.

Copyright © 1999- Dennistoun Online
All rights reserved | Admin