Dennistoun is a Low Traffic Neighbourhood
Work is ongoing to some of the roads in Dennistoun to create a low traffic neighbourhood. This is a Glasgow City Council Spaces for People programme designed to reduce motor traffic and provide a quieter, safer environment that will encourage cycling and walking.
In order to make these streets more people-friendly the work will include widening footpaths, closing off vehicle access and adding contra-flow cycle paths allowing cyclists to ride two-way in one-way streets. Access to all property will remain open to residents, trade and delivery vehicles.
The work is funded by the Scottish Government to provide a temporary walking, wheeling and cycling infrastructure across the city to protect public health during COVID-19 by enabling safer physical distancing.
The road changes in Dennistoun is expected to be completed by the 22nd December 2020.
Dec 20, 2020
- Community Council Meeting 12th January 2021 @ 7pm
- Dennistoun New Parish Church Online Christmas Service
- Dennistoun is a Low Traffic Neighbourhood
- Dennistoun is one of the coolest neighbourhoods in the world
- TSB Dennistoun Branch Closing February 2021
- Alexandra Park Food Forest; a community food growing project
- Eat Out to Help Out Dennistoun Food Establishments
- Zennistoun Hub offers online classes to residents isolated during Covid 19
- Dennistoun identified for wider pavements and paths for safer access to shops and businesses
- Milnbank's Income Maximisation Team Generates £1.8m for Tenants