Dennistoun War Memorial
A parade and unveiling ceremony of the memorial to honour the men from Dennistoun who lost their lives in both the First and Second World Wars will be held on Saturday 29th September 2018.
The Dennistoun War Memorial is a community based project spearheaded by local resident Jim Watson chair of the Dennistoun War Memorial Association with support from residents, schools, businesses and organisations.
Jim commented in the forum: "We will be having a parade of veterans, cadets, scouts, local schoolchildren etc led by a pipe band starting at city park @ 11am.
They will then march to Alexandra Park where we will have a ceremony to unveil the memorial and to honour Dennistoun's fallen.
9 year old Owen McGuire's design won the memorial competition and it will be unveiled by 84 year old Dennistoun veteran Dick Gilmour.
DWM campaign really has brought the different generations together. I hope as many residents as possible turn out for what promises to be a unforgettable day in Dennistouns history."
The memorial is inscribed:
In memory of those from Dennistoun who made the ultimate sacrifice for their country
and all other conflicts
At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them
Sep 23, 2018
Latest News & Events
- St. Denis' School Christmas Fayre 5th December
- Best-selling author Karen Campbell books into Dennistoun Library
- Dennistoun Diggers Community & Craft Fair Saturday 8th December
- Apple Day - Alexandra Park Food Forest
- Dennistoun War Memorial
- Dennistoun Community Council Election 2018
- WW1 Centenary Exhibition
- Laldy Comedy Nights at Craigpark Masters
- Alexandra Park Festival Day 2018
- A Day Out in Dennistoun Web App